Spring is in full bloom! The birds are chirping, and the sunshine is more abundant. Many of us welcome the fresh air by opening the windows and tidying up our homes after a long winter. Spring cleaning may seem like a daunting task, but we are here to offer some tips to make the process a little smoother!
1. Store Items to Create More Space
- It’s easier to deep clean your home if you have clutter and furniture out of the way. This allows you to fully vacuum and mop your floors and better access hard-to-reach places. Start by boxing and storing any books, papers, or clutter that have been piling up. Next, move your furniture into the storage unit, working on one room at a time.
- Maybe you’ve decided to turn that spare bedroom into a home gym, but don’t want to get rid of the bedroom furniture. Whatever the case may be, putting your items into a storage unit is a great way to free up space without having to permanently part with your belongings.
2. Move Seasonal Items to a Storage Unit
- Spring cleaning gives you a great opportunity to go through seasonal items. Pack up your bulky winter coats and move them to a storage unit. This will make cleaning and organizing much easier, plus you’ll have less clutter and more closet space (that’s a win-win). Rather than wasting space in your home storing out-of-season clothing, store these things in a Secure Storage unit. If Mother Nature takes a turn and you need to grab that coat again, our facilities are well-lit and properly secured, so you can feel safe even if you’re accessing your storage unit at night.
- While going through your winter wardrobe, take inventory of what you actually wore this winter. If you haven’t worn it in over a year, you can probably donate it. No sense in storing items you don’t wear. But if you really can’t part with those adorable winter boots or that coat your grandmother gifted you last Christmas… a storage unit can keep them safe. 😊
3. Clean Out the Garage
- Say goodbye to the shovels (well, hopefully)! Springtime means time to replace snow blowers with lawn mowers. Clean out your garage of any seasonal equipment. A Secure Storage unit offers you a safe place to keep this equipment during the off-season.
- Our Tip: Move all equipment and accessories, regardless of season (shovels, sleds, weed-eaters, garden tools, etc.) into a storage unit. Once all the big items are out of the way, you have the space to shine up the garage and get those lawn chairs out of the attic. Then, bring back only what you need for the summer season. With Secure Storage, you have 24/7 access to your unit, so won’t need to worry about forgetting something in storage.
- Now that the frost of winter is gone, you may be ready to tackle some remodeling projects. Whether you are painting some rooms, updating the bathroom, or replacing the carpet, a storage unit can be helpful to keep furniture out of the way. Additionally, if you’re painting or remodeling, you don’t need to worry about covering furniture with plastic.
Spring cleaning can be a lot of work, but a storage unit allows you the extra space and flexibility you need. Whether you are spring cleaning, remodeling, or just tidying up, Secure Storage is here to help.
Contact Secure Storage today to find a location near you. Learn more on our website at securestorageunit.com or give us a call today at (608) 351-3030.